About the Book
Healing Practices to Help Kids Grow Up Easier is the perfect resource for families seeking information about healing practices that are available to help their kids live with or in some cases overcome the challenges they face. The Information in this book has been organized in a way that helps busy parents find the information they need quickly and easily. Each Healing Practice chapter is arranged in an easy-to-read, bulleted format and each chapter follows the same accessible style.
Each Healing Practice Chapter:
- Lists the challenges that can be healed or made easier through the use of the practice.
- Gives a brief description of each healing practice.
- Includes success stories of children / youth who have benefited from the practice.
- Offers the contributor’s thoughts on appropriate ages for benefiting from the practice.
- Lists children/youth’s reactions to the practice.
- Gives ideas about where extra care is needed using the practice.
- Lists some of the conditions that are not appropriate for the practice.
- Outlines brief historical information about the practice.
- Assists in understanding the practice by highlighting the basic concepts and components.
- Gives a description of a typical session.
- Notes the major differences of opinion between practitioners.
- Indicates typical fees and costs in US dollars, as of 2007, usually in Northern California.
- Notes the average time per session and suggests the appropriate amount of time between sessions.
- Gives an approximate idea of how much time it usually takes before improvements of some kind can be expected.
- Provides practice contributor's contact information.