About the Authors
- Works with underserved families at Southwest Health Center, Santa Rosa, CA.
- Encourages self-care and sound decisions within the family budget.
- Works as a Medical Coach to assist clients in establishing and maintaining health through both conventional and alternative health care.
- Involved in community-focused obesity prevention.
- Started employee wellness incentive program.
- Has worked with thousands of adults, children, and families.
- Served as chairperson of botanical medicine committee in major medical system.
- Directed an outpatient chronic pain clinic, integrating alternative practices with conventional medicine.
- Contributor to Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database published by Therapeutic Research Faculty.
- Spearheaded an aromatherapy program at CASA Midwifery Hospital in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Directed an outpatient headache clinic combining conventional medicine with lifestyle education.
- Has been a Board Certified Family Physician for more than 20 years.
- Received M.D. from University of California, Davis School of Medicine (UC Davis ).
- Completed Family Medicine Residency at University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento.
- Received B.A. in Biophysics from University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley, UC Regents Scholar).
- Completed University of California, Los Angeles Extension Medical Acupuncture course.
- Continues to be a successful life-long learner after being a sickly child with learning challenges.
- Brings the wisdom gained healing anorexia nervosa as a youth to her entire practice.
- Single mother of two boys, ages 10 and 13.
- Used Independent Study program in Mexico with sons from 2004 to 2006.
- Daughter of supportive, hardworking Irish immigrant parents, who, despite very little formal education, did well by their children.
- Born July 11, 1957.
- Began writing "Healing Practices To Help Kids Grow Up Easier" at the request of many parents of challenged children.
- Has helped adults and children discover healing practices most likely to help them achieve their dreams.
- Served as an elementary school principal for 24 years.
- Retired from public education after 34 years in North York, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Working as a Feldenkrais Method practitioner since 1997.
- Set up a treatment center school for emotionally disturbed children.
- Directed a street education/therapy center for youth and gangs.
- Taught discipline and conflict management workshops for parents and professionals.
- Worked as a community activist in a housing project.
- Appeared on Canadian radio and television.
- Quoted in Canadian press and research papers.
- Developed pilot program for practitioners and challenged children in Big Sur, CA.
- Received a Masters of Education, University of Toronto.
- Overcame learning and behavior challenges as a child/youth.
- Dealt with childhood learning difficulties that re-emerged due to accidents in adulthood.
- Harvested wisdom recovering from abandonment, abuses and addiction.
- Learned mistakes made as a father and stepfather.
- Worked with thousands of children and youth over four decades.
- Lives with his beloved wife, June Nason, in Sonoma County, CA.
- Born June 18, 1938.